Back to the Library

Historical photos from the Chapleau Public Library
and from various other donors

To Photo Index


C-CHURCH-b (47K)
These two photos show the rear of the old Catholic church and the priest's house. The view is from Landsdown Street. The upper photo with descriptive text was contributed to the collection by Doug Greig.

The lower photo was made available by Michael Fortin who received it from his mother Yvette. Note the persons standing on the porch.

This church burned down in 1918 and was replaced with the present one.